Another place to locate a large number of ebooks is the National Emergency Library, a collection of 1.4+ million digitized titles created by the Internet Archive. Because of the COVID-19 emergency for a limited time they are allowing multiple users to access each book at the same time. Normally they only allow checkouts one at a time.
- You will need to create an account with the Internet Archive in order to borrow ebooks
- Search using the "search this collection" box on the left-hand side. In your search results you will see the option to do an advanced search, but note that this takes you to the search interface for all of Internet Archive, not just the NEL.
- The collection does not have many current holdings and is strongest from 2014 back to 1925. They may not be appropriate for a very current topic, and consider narrowing your results to more recent dates or rank by date of publication.
- The titles range in genre from more academic to popular to children's titles (yes, those are romance novels you are seeing). Evaluate critically to determine if they are appropriate for academic research.
- After your keyword search, consider narrowing down further by subject heading under Topics and Subjects. Click "more" to see all possibilities.