Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Michigan eLibrary (including MeLCat)
Content/Description: Contains full-text articles, books, images, etc. and features an Inter-Library book loaning system with participating Michigan libraries.
If you are unable to locate the resource you need through MeLCat, there are other catalogs you can use to order books and media.
Materials in U.S. and international libraries. These can be requested through InterLibrary Loan.
The Holland public library is strong in more popular and local materials, so you may find resources there that we don't collect at Hope. Stop by the Van Wylen Circulation desk to learn how you can get a Herrick card to check out resources and access their digital collections.
PRIMO Books and Media
Use either Advanced Search or the Search bar above to choose between searching options via keyword, subject, title, or author.
- Try different groups of keywords to see what different kinds of results you get
- From the results, click on a title that looks interesting; your search terms will be highlighted
- Look for Subject headings in the record that match your topic and try searching under these as a subject search.
- If you click on one of the subject headings links in a record, it will bring up a list of similar subjects that might also be helpful.
- Not finding many books on your topic? After trying a search, look for the button to do the same search in WorldCat, a shared catalog of libraries around the world. We can order many of these items for you through InterLibrary Loan.